What to look for on 807

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Keith Walker, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Keith Walker

Keith Walker

Hi folks

I'm looking to buy a 2007 807, and was wondering if there is anything specific I need to look for. It's a manual diesel, and there are little bits of trim missing, but it seems to run ok with the turbo kicking in.

Regards

Keith

Keith Walker, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Keith Walker

BadcarEurope

Corrosion on the rear suspension - Remember to get appointment in local workshop to fully check all of elements.

BadcarEurope, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Keith Walker

Keith Walker

Thanks very much. I bought the car with full 12 month mot, so when I put it into the garage for service I'll get them to check it. My mechanic has said that the car is listed as having a timing chain rather than a belt, but I'm going to have him check that also.

Regards

Keith

Keith Walker, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Keith Walker

BadcarEurope

You're welcome :) Better check everything 10 times... Its easy to spend a lot of money to service car after transaction...

BadcarEurope, Oct 29, 2015
  5. Keith Walker

Keith Walker

Tell me about it. I had a Renault Espace, and put it into a local garage for a full service ( I like to try to keep money local ). £374 later, I had the car back 5 days when the turbo went. To cut a long story short, after 3 grand I decided to cut my losses. The problem I think was that I chose a garage I drive past every day, rather than rely on recommendations. My new garage is located in a place where if you didn't know where he was you would never see him, so word of mouth is his only source of new custom. He reckoned that the wrong oil was put in at service, and that was the start of my problems.

Keith Walker, Oct 29, 2015
  6. Keith Walker

BadcarEurope

Exactly - a little bit smaller, passionate services are awesome :)

BadcarEurope, Oct 30, 2015
    Keith Walker likes this.
Ask a Question