what does this hose do? - 306 XSi

Discussion in 'Peugeot 306' started by Jon Nicoll, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. Jon Nicoll

    Jon Nicoll Guest

    Hi all
    I had a look in the postings in this ng recently as my 306 xsi has
    been behaving a little oddly - a while ago I had the idle stepper
    motor replace and I was having similar symptoms to that time.

    I started looking for air leak problems and soon discovered a 'nick'
    in a hose. When I started to take the hose off to better examine it it
    fell apart in my hands! I like the sort of fault diagnosis that works
    like this ...

    I've replaced the hose and my engine is now idling better, without
    hunting, and behaves better when I take my foot off the accelerator.
    Thing is, I would like to know what this hose actually does, & what
    it's called.

    It's a hose around 30cm long which connects from just near where you
    top up the oil, to near the throttle, where the stepper motor is
    found. The stepper motor end is narrower than the other end, and
    there's no reference to it in my Haynes manual FWIW. Can anyone

    Thanks a lot
    Jon N
    Jon Nicoll, Aug 18, 2004
  2. Jon Nicoll

    someone Guest

    sounds like you have a vacuum hose there, which will indeed cause poor
    running if its leaking, any of the many vacuum hoses coming from your
    manifold will do the same.
    not every part under your bonnet (hood) has a specific name, many of the
    hoses whether vacuum or coolant hoses are just "hoses" with maybe a name to
    descibe where they are located on your engine,
    we buy rolls of vacuum hose and just cut off whatever length we need to
    repair an individual job.
    steve uk.
    someone, Aug 19, 2004
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.