timing chain Bipper 1.3

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by curly boy, Mar 21, 2019.

1. curly boy

curly boy

Hi everyone, just joined the forum, hopefully it'll be fun. I have a 63 plate Bipper 1.3 hdi it had a serious oil leak from the timing cover, so I took it along to my local Peugeot dealer, they said they couldn't locate the timing pins for engine timing and suggested a new timing chain, now the grim news, they want £1400 for the complete job, saying its an engine out job? to replace the seal and chain, seems extortionate to me, so I asked them to just do the seal, this they had already done? They are not happy with me for refusing the timing chain replacement, saying they are not able to warranty the work done so far? Ive done some research and £350/400 seems to be the going rate from an independent workshop, so I'm considering this course of action, or possibly I might do it myself, doesn't seem too difficult with the correct timing pins, don't see that you can get the timing wrong using these? I would welcome any views or advice as I think they are being unreasonable.
    thanks
    curly boy

curly boy, Mar 21, 2019
Ask a Question