Telematics communication error

Discussion in 'Peugeot 3xx' started by nigel517, Dec 13, 2017.

1. nigel517

nigel517

Hi I have a 2012 peugeot 308 and the sat nav / radio is not working at all. It was like this when I purchased it.
    I have looked at it on Lexia and it shows Telematics communication error. I believe its a software error and I need to update the software. I have tried but after one attempt where it froze while uploading it now just shows a blank screen.
    There is no Peugeot logo just a blank screen. I know the screen is ok because it did light up and show the progress when I was trying to update the software.
    Anyone any ideas please?
    Where is the telematics module? Is it in the radio itself?
    I did think of fitting an aftermarket sat nav . What information would I be missing from the sat nav screen if I did this.
    Thanks

nigel517, Dec 13, 2017
  2. nigel517

Omseebii

hi i know it been a while but did you manage to repair it thank you

Omseebii, Aug 6, 2022
  3. nigel517

nigel517

Yes the car in question was my son in laws. I sorted it about 18 months later . I read another post about it being a faulty sd card. So I formatted an old sd card , put it in the radio and hey presto it started to load the updated software and has worked flawlessly ever since.
    I cannot remember much more than that.

nigel517, Aug 7, 2022
  4. nigel517

Omseebii

Hi that’s hope

I just put a new sd card on the radio and I downloaded the 2.86 in my USB and the radio has stopped the noise but nothing on the screen , I’m going to wait for a while or I might buy the cd and see
    Thank you for the reply

Omseebii, Aug 7, 2022
  5. nigel517

nigel517

It was quite a while ago now so I am not sure what else I did. I think I remember something about load the different softwares in order , you can just load the updated one. I read it on this forum I think. Plus I'm not sure whether I used the cd or the usb drive. I believe some people were having more success with one than the other. Also something about keeping it on for the duration of the downloading which was from memory quite a time.

nigel517, Aug 8, 2022
Ask a Question