Strange problem with lights

Discussion in 'Peugeot 206' started by SilverTongue, Dec 24, 2013.

1. SilverTongue

SilverTongue

Hi guys,

I have a 2002 1.6 206 GLX and I'm having a problem with my lights. Started a few weeks ago driving down a dark country lane with my high beams on, driving along and then the high beams dropped to dipped beam. Tried putting them back on and they would only flash. Pulled over and turned lights and ignition off, then started car again and the lights were working properly again for around half a mile when the lights dropped back to dipped again.

A few days later we had some heavy fog so had my fog lights on and had a similar problem, driving along and then the fogs went off.

Was told by a friend that it could be the auto-headlights, so I tried disabling them, but they wouldn't disable. Went out for a drive and tried my full beam again and the came on, so I pulled over and tried disabling the auto-headlights again and they disabled :) however even though I have them disabled they still come on automatically, then turn off again around 2-3 minutes later.

Somebody else also said the try resetting the BSI which I have done to no avail.

This has me completely stumped :confused:

Thanks in advance

SilverTongue, Dec 24, 2013
  2. SilverTongue

Mitsutech

Re: Strange problem with lights.

Hi,
    From all the symptoms that you have given, you have a problem with your comms 2000 unit and it's changing your beam settings on it's own.
    This is a common problem with this model and year.
    All the best.
    Mitsutech.

Attached Files:

Mitsutech, Jan 17, 2014
  3. SilverTongue

SilverTongue

Good call. Thanks :)

Was meant to update this the other day, when I found out I could keep high beams on if I was indicating left.

Just replaced Comms 2000 and its working a treat :D

Thanks for your help Mitsutech

SilverTongue, Jan 18, 2014
Ask a Question