SMEG - Upgrades and Feature changes - 308 2014

Discussion in 'Peugeot 308' started by Adam Eamonson, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Adam Eamonson

Adam Eamonson

Hi,
    Im from the UK and Ive recently purchased a 2014 308 e-HDI Allure and im trying to ascertain the following about the infotainment system.
    1. What is the most recent system update that is compatible with my model/age of car 2. What enhancements does the above bring to my infotainment system
    About my car/system
    Car: Year 2014 Model 308 e-HDi first regsitered 09/2014
    Infotainment system: System version: SMEG5.1.F.R4 Dated 21/02/14 Bluetooth Version: 1.2.0 Dated 21/02/14 Map Version: DbDw_275/GR_405 Display Version: 30.10 Dated 21/02/14
    What I have found out from the researching on the internet
    1. Their are multiple versions of the SMEG system which have different upgrade methods: SMEG+ SMEG+i (V1 and V2)
    2. The system can be upgraded yourself at your own risk. Does someone have a definitive list of the upgrade process and what firmwares can/can't be upgraded to which (incremental updating)?
    3. There seem to be some discussions on screen mirroring and Apple/Android CarPlay features. My car doesn't have this feature currently and i'd like to know if it is possible to upgrade my system so it does.
    4. The Upgrade of the system is done separately to updating the roads etc on the navigation system. Is it possible to upgrade any other features separately such as the bluetooth/display?
    5. Potentially an update (not sure if to the system or the maps) will allow me to search by postcode not just street name. How does the postcode search then work once upgraded? I read somewhere thats it is not obvious.
    6. It is possible to buy units which are android based. I'd be interested in peoples experiences/feedback on these. Does this work well with other features of the car such as heating/reversing camera/audio etc.
    Thanks in advance for any input I might get on this. It seems that there's a lot of information out there but nothing that clearly spells it all out. Depending on how I get on with this I may try put something together for others wants to know the same.

Adam Eamonson, Apr 5, 2018
Ask a Question