Radio codes

Discussion in 'Peugeot 407' started by Subtle grey, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Subtle grey

Subtle grey

Hi. I have an 09 407hdi and I changed the battery. How do I get my radio back working????

Subtle grey, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Subtle grey

Mike Gillon

Hi Subtle Grey,
    This answer assumes you have a standard 407 radio from Bosch or Magneti Marelli.RD3 or 4 and RT3, RT3ev or RT4
    The 407 radio should automatically work if you change the battery as the Radio code will be stored in the ECU and the radio is coded to the VIN number..
    If the radio has been changed it will need to be recoded on Planet (PP2000), either by someone who has a set-up or a dealer (about £40).
    There is also the possibility that the radio fuse has failed. If so the radio must be removed (very small Torx screw T10, sometimes called H10, 10H or S10) The fuse is in the back of the radio in the big square block and is a 15A mini blade.
    If it is not a standard, i.e. after market, them you will have to contact the manufacturer or check the back of the head unit to see if the code has been recorded there.
    If this doesn't work then it may be a visit to a Auto electrician or dealer.
    Sorry I can't help more.
    Mike

Mike Gillon, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Subtle grey

pralea

Howdy. Today I changed the battery in the car, and then the car radio asks me for a code that I don't have. Unfortunately, I don't have time to go to the dealership to ask for the code and I searched the internet for a way and found a tool which generates my code, but I'm not sure whether to buy it or not, what do you think? https://radiocodefinder.com/get-blaupunkt-radio-code-generator-now

pralea, Dec 30, 2023
Ask a Question