Peugeot 406 key - help with SMD parts

Discussion in 'Peugeot 407' started by ro0ter, Apr 18, 2023.

1. ro0ter

ro0ter

Hello all,

I am trying to help an acquaintance with a 406 key fob (I'm the electronics guy). The key circuit is in very bad condition and it doesn't work at all (no opening/closing of the car). Most of the SMD components are toast (I suppose the key got really wet with a brand new battery).. The electrodes of the components are practically washed off (electrolized off) beyond recognition.

I was able to repair corroded/missing traces and vias, I was also able to measure and replace most parts, but some really don't have any electrode to touch in order to measure anything...

The key is as dead as a door nail, meaning the red led lights faintly when connecting the battery and stays on while any button is ordered, as long as the button is pressed. There is no radio activity (not in 433MHZ, not in any other spectrum).

I'm attaching a photo with the key, maybe someone can help me identify the components.

The parts in red were severely electrolized. I'm not able to measure the last from the antenna to the battery (should it be an inductor or a cap?) and neither am I able to measure the black part with no markings on top-right.

Thank you all!

ro0ter, Apr 18, 2023
  2. ro0ter

ro0ter

the (mobile version of the) page doesn't show when an attachment has been uploaded, so I tried to upload it a few more times.. it got uploaded 4 times in total, I then tried to delete 3 times but I kept on getting the following error:

The following error occurred: Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

..and yet all the attachments disappeared.... Now added the photo to the first comment, sorry about this..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    ro0ter, Apr 18, 2023
Ask a Question