Peugeot 406 estate water ingress to rear near side footwell

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Spencer, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Spencer

Spencer

Hi was wondering if anyone could help with an annoying fault with my 406 estste.
    When it rains heavily I'm getting water into the rear passenger footwell. There are no splits in any of the door rubbers and the water seems to trickle over the bottom of the seal at the step area and down into the footwell. Have checked door drain holes all clear . Even tried moving the rubber around the aperture . But still leaking the same. Has anyone else had this problem.

Any assistance appreciated
    Spencer

Spencer, Dec 19, 2012
  2. Spencer

georgew

I had a similar problem with 406 saloon got water in spare wheel well and under back seat couldn'd find where it was coming in so I just made a small hole with a nail to let the water run out again!!

georgew, Jan 29, 2013
  3. Spencer

Spencer

Leak resolved door membrane unstuck on bottom edge. resealed now dry as a bone! Happy days! :cool:

Spencer, Jan 29, 2013
  4. Spencer

robertmadini

I have no experience of the 406 leaks but sunroof drain tubes is something common on many vehicles that springs to mind.

Best,

robertmadini, May 13, 2013
Ask a Question