Peugeot 307 hdi DMF HELP

Discussion in 'Peugeot 307' started by Pike25lb, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Pike25lb

Pike25lb

Hi iv got a Peugeot 307 2.0 6 speed 136 bhp
    Dmf went on it so if basically put new fly wheel and clutch and bearing so basically full new kit dmf so put it all back together started car fine ticking over fine for 1 min then I turned it off tried to start it again and it sounded like the engine was going to seize so I stopped tried again but battery went flat so charged it today put it on tried again sounded horrible it turned over 2 times and sounded as if the whole thing is going to seize
    I put the dmf and the clutch in the same way it come out any thoughs on what if done wrong

Pike25lb, Nov 5, 2017
  2. Pike25lb

chris wastie

Hi just wondering if the starter motor is the fault may have engaged & not come out of the flywheel properly
    also did the dmf have the same amount of teeth as the one you took off...Chris

chris wastie, Nov 6, 2017
  3. Pike25lb

Pike25lb

Few other people have mentioned that the starter could be stuck in mesh not come back
    Also I never counted the amount of teeth on the fly wheel as it was brought with the car it looked the same but I never counted
    If it' not the starter I will take box of and count

Pike25lb, Nov 6, 2017
  4. Pike25lb

chris wastie

there may not be any differance on teeth a quick phone call to the people that supplyed it should be able to tell you if there was a choice on your year model.but if you wanted to. what i would do is to tippex/mark tooth & then count & turn engine slowly turning front pully with a socket[ with starter removed] you may need two people her in doors may be..lol...

chris wastie, Nov 6, 2017
  5. Pike25lb

Pike25lb

Not a bad shout that Chris it will save me taking it apart to count the teeth il let you know how I get on

Pike25lb, Nov 6, 2017
  6. Pike25lb

Pike25lb

If googled the part number for the fly wheel this is what it says for the amount of teeth
    • Number of teeth (finding the max. clearance angle): 9
    • How do I work that out

Pike25lb, Nov 6, 2017
  7. Pike25lb

chris wastie

No i dont understand that sorry...

chris wastie, Nov 7, 2017
  8. Pike25lb

Pike25lb

Yes Chris the starter motor was the problem I rem9ved it and at the end there is a small quid that the shaft goes in is warn and bent so quite a bit play on the shaft il take it to the recondioned shop se if it can be fixed il still count the teeth just to make sure thanks for your help

Pike25lb, Nov 7, 2017
Ask a Question