Peugeot 307 electrical issues... PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Peugeot 307' started by Mkup, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Mkup

Mkup

Hello all,

I’ve got a 2007 307s 1.6 16v petrol

Going back 3 months, I had gotten a new key coded to my vehicle. About 2 weeks after I got my key coded I ran into a lot of issues.

It started with a general electrical circuit failure lighting up on my dash. That quickly turned into my air bag light, seatbelt light, abs light and an antipolution warning. As I tried to get to a parking spot to investigate and my engine started to die and my car was jolting. So I turned the car off once I was safely in a spot. When I tried to turn it back on, the engine wouldn’t turn over. It just clicked. So I changed the battery and all was good for a few days.

Once the issues appeared again, I ran the codes and it gave me a BSI fault as well as the above mentioned lights. So I recharged the battery and took it to a local auto-electrical shop and was told it was a faulty alternator. They replaced it as the old one was done for. And all was good for 4 days.

Took it back to the shop again as the same issues appeared just 4 days after. I mentioned the BSI fault I had received from the obd2 scan the first time I took it in but they neglected to listen the first time. So this time the alternator was still not charging on the vehicle, but on a bench test, it ran good. They replaced the fuse box with one they found in a junk yard and sent me on my merry way. It failed again with the edition of my car actually breaking down, without turning the ignition off, wipers going haywire, speedo reading wrong, and all the previous lights. The shop came to me, fitted a new battery for me to get to work for the day.

My car is sitting in my driveway, with a dead battery, and an unknown issue.

Anyone know what’s going on?

-Michael

Mkup, Aug 31, 2018
  2. Mkup

nathanr1407

Did you ever get this sorted? I have the same problem

nathanr1407, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Mkup

Donnakfraser

Hi did you ever get your problem resolved as I started off with a simple light showing on dash saying electric circuit fault next thing I ended up with all lights on and then it started losing power I was literally 2 mins from my home but it didn't make it now when I try to start it all I get is a clicking noise from it and it won't turn over at all

Donnakfraser, Jul 30, 2023
Ask a Question