Peugeot 207 Timing Belt

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Londonboy, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Londonboy

Londonboy

Most owners will be aware that Peugeot boast that their cam belts do not need to be replaced for 10 years or 120,000 miles.

But what if it goes before then? I can tell you from experience. The rectification costs are in the region of £1000, possibly more.

Our car was only 6 years old, and had only covered less than 60,000 miles so no need to be concerned, or so you would think.

Then the car breaks down. Depending where you are, this may not be a pleasant experience!

We took it up with Peugeot, but of course, they refute any suggestion that they are to blame, give owners misleading information. This is despite the advice from Peugeot UK, all garages up and down the country and the owners handbook.

So aggrieved was I that I was preparing to take Peugeot to court. But, in addition to everything mentioned above, Peugeot are aware of the potential problem, during my investigations numerous people had suffered the same fate. But ironically, as I found out, Peugeot themselves issued a LTN (Late Technical Notification) some 3 years ago and still they want to refute.

Well, thankfully Peugeot agreed to reimburse us. But a lot of effort required.

My message to anyone experiencing the same problem, do everything possible to get reimbursed. Peugeot know of the problem!!

Londonboy, Dec 31, 2018
Ask a Question