Peugeot 207 1.4 HDi S (2007) - Starting Problems

Discussion in 'Peugeot 207' started by NeilHIoW1970, Dec 7, 2023.

1. NeilHIoW1970

NeilHIoW1970

Hello All

First-time poster!

Just to ask if anyone has some advice regarding checks I can carry out on our 207 1.4 HDi. Here's the complete background:

Parked the car outside for a couple of days (in some very cold weather) to carry out a replacement of rear silencer exhaust mount and associated band strap. Before this, the car started and ran without any problem.

Completed the exhaust job and whether it was coincidence or not, it was very reluctant to start after this. It did finally fire up but was running very rough and kept stalling. After driving it for about 100 yards, it completely cut out and I've not been able to start it since.

I've ensured there is sufficient fuel in the tank and have checked all relevant fuses in the engine and dashboard compartment and they're all fine. The battery seems to have plenty of power and the car is cranking well so I'm assuming the starter motor is fine too. There haven't been any warning lights on the dashboard to indicate an issue. Alternator belt is tensioned well and in good condition; we've had no issues relating to poor charging.

I'm starting to suspect an issue with the fuel system but so far the only thing I have checked is the fuel primer bulb but due to inexperience in these matters, I'm not sure if all is well at that point; the bulb seemed easy to squeeze but did return to its original shape; I was expecting it to be very hard but that certainly isn't the case.

So that's where I am at present and I'd welcome and advice regarding things I could check or take apart to get to the bottom of the problem

Thanks in advance for any advice and hope to hear back in due course!

Neil

NeilHIoW1970, Dec 7, 2023
Ask a Question