Peugeot 206 1.0L - Cranks byut does not start

Discussion in 'Peugeot 206' started by peu306xsi, Oct 4, 2022.

1. peu306xsi

peu306xsi

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum and thanks for your time.

I have a Peugeot 206 XR 1.0L Petrol engine. Suddenly, the car does not want to start. It cranks without problems but does not start. Battery is fully charged, and it cranks just fine. I have an OBD2 reader and at first, I saw one fault which was recorded, the one below. I cleared the fault codes but still did not start. Fuel has because I topped it up. The fuel pump at the fuel tank can be heard turning, and also pushed the fuel pressure release valve on the fuel rail, and fuel is found in the fuel rail. I also tried to keep the acceleration pedal pressed once the key is on the accessories (2nd step, before it starts) and the fuel kept pumping too until I released the pedal. But it still did not start.

I replaced the crank position sensor just in case because I found out that it might be the fault, but still no luck.

I also tried the stethoscope procedure both for injectors and spark plugs once cranking, but I could not here any clicks or hissing noise. I checked the timing belt to and seems to be fine.

Checked all Fuses, both from engine bay and also the fuse box inside, but all are good.

Do you have any other clews and opinions which I can check to get this engine running? Would appreciate any helps or opinions because this is just unbelievable. The last time it started worked fine without any issues, and the car stopped normally without any issues to. The day after, the car did not start at all. Thanks for your time and your help will be much appreciated.

peu306xsi, Oct 4, 2022
Ask a Question