Peugeot 205 TU9 Radiator Fan Switch Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Peugeot 205' started by jack, Apr 21, 2016.

1. jack

jack

Hi I'm having trouble working out where a particular part of wiring goes for the radiator fan switch. I have a 205 xe 1991 tu9 engine, and there are 2 wires going to the radiator switch and then 2 of the same coloured wires coming off it again back to a brown connector, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to connect the brown connector.Does anybody know where this should fit to as someone else has fiddled with the wiring before I got the car. Tia

jack, Apr 21, 2016
  2. jack

kuda

hi! on the tu9 the radiator fan switch is located where? is it in the cylinder head or on the radiator? is the fan system ok? if so . peugeot normarlly puts a lot of connectors so that 1 loom can accommodate different engines as they like to put different engines to fit one body.

kuda, Apr 21, 2016
  3. jack

jack

Thanks for the reply Kuda, Its located on the rad I think on the passenger side of the rad if you will. I have the car in bits at the moment, so I have no idea whether the fan is ok or not. Im just reconnecting everything back up again and Ive looked at the wiring diagram, but because the numbers have come off the wiring I can't seem to figure out where this other connector goes to. Theres a wire coming from the battery fusebox located at the front of the car that goes to the rad switch and then from the switch there's another 2 wires going to a brown connector but it doesn't show it on the wiring diagram.I think its a fan switch but im not 100% just wondered how on earth you go on if those numbers are no longer present? How do you figure out the wiring for the car.

jack, Apr 22, 2016
  4. jack

jack

I think I've figured out where it goes looking at it again I think it's suppose to go to the cooling fan resistor, where is this located does anyone know ?

jack, Apr 22, 2016
Ask a Question