No start after balancer and serpentine belt replacement.

Discussion in 'Peugeot 307' started by karoonga, Jan 17, 2021.

1. karoonga

karoonga

I have just replaced a crank balancer after finding that its rubbery centre was spraying sticky rubber over the accessory belt.
    All pulleys, alternator and air cond were freely moving. Sepentine belt had not broken. Battery fully charged and all fuses checked. Coincidentally,( I think) key access is not functioning ie remote locking but battery is showing 3 volts. Unsure as to why it wont start. Could it have slipped a tooth on timing belt or are there more likely explanations?

karoonga, Jan 17, 2021
  2. karoonga

karoonga

Ok for the benefit of readers, here is an update.
    Scan tool showed fuel pressure at the rail. Its a 2.o turbo diesel. Filter seems fine, there appears to be fuel at the rail. Pump is turning over and i have no reason to suspect incorrect pump timing. Accessory belt did not break. I checked injector pulse on a couple of injectors and No pulse.
    I tried battery disconnection, bsi reset several times, checked all fuses, disconnected ecu for a day.
    Battery fully charged and still showing economy mode, accordingly windows etc wont operate.
    Remote locking also not working. Replaced remote battery and checked that ignition signal is being received. I thought it might be immobiliser issue.
    Vehicle will run on aerostart so timing seems fine.
    Currently with mechanic who will get Tech support.
    They can over ride the system and manually fire injectors so will wait and see what is happening.

Also quite aside from all this, i replaced a front wheel bearing recently. This has resulted in ABS light on and system disabled. This stupidly seems like the peugeot default and will just need a reset.
    I will update post when all is sorted for the benefit of other pug owners experiencing similar issues

karoonga, Mar 2, 2021
  3. karoonga

karoonga

I just read through my post. Word missing- scan showed low/no fuel pressure at the rail.

karoonga, Mar 2, 2021
Ask a Question