no spark

Discussion in 'Peugeot 206' started by quarry bodger, Apr 2, 2014.

1. quarry bodger

quarry bodger

hiya chaps & chapesses.
    This is my very first post on here, and i really hope that someone can help me out.
    I have a pug 206 1.1i registered in 2000 with the HFX engine. I have just changed the head gasket and timing belt. Before filling with anti-freeze, i checked to make sure that the engine ran ok, and left it running for no more than 10 seconds. I then connected the remaining coolant pipes & bottom pulley and alternator belt then filled up with clean water. My intention was to run it up to temperature, and drop a couple of dishwasher tablets into the header tank in order to remove any remaining sludge & scum from the system, before draining it again & re filling with anti-freeze mix.
    The trouble is, that after putting clean water in, it quite simply will not start. i have checked the injectors, which are fine, the fuel pump is priming the system, and there is a warbling noise if i leave the key in the ignition after attempting to start once i open the door. there does not seem to be any spark coming from the coil pack, but i cant find a wiring diagram to tell me what voltages i should have at which wire.
    I understand that the crank sensor can cause trouble on these, but have noted that when turning the engine over, the rev counter is reading approximately 550 rpm.
    any suggestions on where to turn next would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thank you all in advance.:mad:

quarry bodger, Apr 2, 2014
Ask a Question