Niggling 308 cc Problems.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Stafford Mart, May 21, 2018.

1. Stafford Mart

Stafford Mart

Hi
    Just purchased a 2009 308 cc THP150 GT a few weeks ago and after a full service and a few items replaced at a local dealers in Stafford I now have the car safe and running almost properly with no annoying warning messages (airbag / anti pollution warnings). It cost an arm and a leg so to speak but worth it so far.

My 3 remaining problems are all separate to one another and cover engine performance, knocking around the nearside rear area and roof cover misalignment.

Firstly when the roof folds down there are a couple of plastic Quarter panel covers that are on small arms and fold out to fill the gap between the boot and quarter panels. I’ve no idea what they are called but one is fitting snugly (offside) and the other is not. All I can put this down to is the fact that the offside item is fixed tightly to the arm whereas the nearside one is able to swivel on its arm so I assume it isn’t in the correct alignment when the roof opens. Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can gain access to the arm to tighten up the cover or is this something that a garage needs to do. I can’t see how to get access to it at the moment.

Next there is a knocking around the same area (rear nearside). I don’t think it’s the same item as above knocking against a part but I might be wrong. The noise is particularly noticeable when driving over rough roads and sounds a bit like a pair of coconut shells knocking together. Has anyone had this noise or something similar. The car did have a test drive after the work at the garage and nothing else came back on the health check with regards to broken spring or shocker.

Lastly Having had an MR2 Turbo and 2 Saab Viggen Turbos, I find the engine lacking at lower range. Put your foot down and it pulls and then there is a definite lag around 3K where it stops pulling and then increases again. There’s no notice of the turbo boost you get on other cars. Is there any problem with the turbo or is it a tuning matter as I have seen that sometimes it’s the ECU/timing problem.

Any assistance on all or any of these problems would be much appreciated as I’m loving the car so far and don’t want to lose that.

Cheers.

Mart.

Stafford Mart, May 21, 2018
Ask a Question