Leaky boot.

Discussion in 'Peugeot 308' started by Sully128, May 11, 2023.

1. Sully128

Sully128

Hi all, I’m having trouble finding the source of a leak that fills my spare wheel well. 2012 Peugeot 308 active HDI 92

So far I have removed the interior of the boot and found water pooling below my OSR tail light & damp patches on the other side.
    I found a common fault with the seal on two vents below the lights; I removed these, cleaned and refitted with silicon sealer.
    This seems to have fixed the OSR pooling with no more water ingress on that side but the NSR still has water seeping into my bootwell.
    I have removed and checked the lights.
    I also can’t get the water to leak in with a watering can it’s only when it rains a substantial amount then water seeps in.
    The car is a category N after being hit by a bin lorry told by last owner, the damage is unknown but I think the rear window was replaced from the amount of glass found under the boot trim and mats.

has anyone got any other suggestions of where the water may be coming in before I
    1) remover bumper and try to refit the vents better &
    2) call auto glass tec to try and remove&refit window (my last idea/resort)

Sully128, May 11, 2023
Ask a Question