Indicator/brake light problem.

Discussion in 'Peugeot 307' started by womble39, Nov 24, 2018.

1. womble39

womble39

Hi I have 2002 Peugeot 307 1.4 SW. When I put my right side indicators on, my off side rear brake light and indicator both flash. If I put my lights on all three flash side light indicator and brake light. Has anyone any ideas what the problem could be before I start ripping the electrics out.

womble39, Nov 24, 2018
  2. womble39

Johnsco

Hi Womble39.
    These type of problems are typical of loose or corroded earth returns from your lights.
    Check the earth leads - particularly in the area of the brake lights.
    Look out for corrosion where the earth leads are bolted to the chassis or for loose connections.
    Sometimes - Just wriggling them will show up the fault.
    While you're on here ..... Can you offer any help with either of my two questions that have been posted on this section for a week - With no replies ?
    Particularly the size of the spark plug socket.
    Cheers.
    Johnsco

Johnsco, Nov 24, 2018
  3. womble39

Johnsco

I had a similar fault.
    The indicator flashers worked intermittently and flashed too fast.
    It was caused by the earth-return pin on the connectors to both the rear light clusters.
    This pin gets overloaded and fails.
    I cured it by soldering a jumper wire onto the earth track of the light clusters and feeding it out of the light unit by-passing the damaged pin.
    I then connected it back into the correct wire on the other side of the connector.
    Simples !!! Worked fine and cured the problem.
    This appears to be a very common problem on 307s.
    Poor design.

Johnsco, May 6, 2019
Ask a Question