Help! Electrical Problem

Discussion in 'Peugeot 807' started by Blackrust, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Blackrust

Blackrust

Would be very grateful for any advice people could offer.

My wife has an 807 2.2 petrol manual executive. For some time now the engine randomly cuts out whilst driving, but will restart immediately as you are driving (no need to stop and turn the ignition key), I think it is a low voltage electrical fault. The local garage read the fault codes and replaced a couple of components in the breather/emissions system, which made no difference.

Now I believe that the radiator fan has stopped working as the car has overheated in traffic. Now the horn has stopped working. All fuses are OK. I think all the symptoms are related to the same problem, a bad earth somewhere, or maybe a corroded multiplug?

Could anyone point me in the right direction to save me ripping the car apart?

Many thanks

Blackrust, Sep 26, 2012
  2. Blackrust

wynb

Check that the drains on both sides of the screen are clear and not dripping water onto the engine fusebox on one side or the ecu on the other. The flexible rubber tubes are difficult to locate securely. If there has been water ingress try and dry it out with a hairdrier.

wynb, Jan 16, 2013
Ask a Question