Engine(?) noise, 206 1.4 Petrol (2001)

Discussion in 'Peugeot 206' started by Rosita22, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Rosita22

Rosita22

Hi there,

I am after some advice, but am aware that this description is a bit vague and could probably be any number of things, but wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar...?

My 2001 1.4 Petrol Peugeot 206 (approx 80,000 miles) has developed what sounds like a loud engine noise. The best way I can describe the noise is that it sounds like I am in too low a gear and that the engine is at high revs (even when in 5th). It's not all the time...it seems to start after about 30mph and then gets especially bad around 50-55mph and then better again at around 60-65. Although I can't tell whether the noise is associated with certain speeds or certain revs.

I have also noticed that the sound also seems to get worse/better dependent on steering...on right hand bends, the noise seems to get louder.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated...I realise the best way to find out is to take the car in to be looked at, but I hate going in with absolutely no idea of what might be the issue.

Many thanks!

Rosita22, Jan 16, 2014
Ask a Question