Electrical ignition fault

Discussion in 'Peugeot 406' started by Marius21, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Marius21

Marius21

Hello all,i own a Peugeot 406 coupe v6,(an early D9 with older v6 ES9J4)(1999-05) and yesterday a big problem has showed up after my dad several times unplugged battery that day.....so here is the problem-at first display showed economy mode activated,then a yellow key turned on on dash and display showed electric ignition problem and car just cant start,you can turn ignition ,everything seems to work and when i try to start the engine,its just spins.All fuses are good,tried to reset bsi,nothing.my car key doesnt have any buttons.a guy with pp2000 tried to connect with car ,but only ECU doesnt respond,while abs and even suspension reports.dont know what to do,i feeling absolutly powerless

Marius21, Feb 15, 2016
  2. Marius21

kuda

hi!
    what has happened is that the vehicle has gone into theft mode. the guy with the pp2000 should go to the bsi functions. actually what is happening is the the key is not being recognized with the bsi, and the bsi will not send signal to the ECU to unlock, so dont even waist time to start the vehicle.

kuda, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Marius21

Marius21

Super,thanks for answer,can you write me more about solution?i will also need bsi code?i can only get him from official dealer?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Marius21, Feb 17, 2016
  4. Marius21

kuda

It depends what diagnosis machine one uses. yes you can get this problem rectified with the dealers, the procedure that we were trained to do when removing and connecting these batteries is like this. turn off everything with key off ignition and close all doors with hood opened, wait for 5 mins for the bsi to go to sleep. then disconnect the battery. on installing, connect positive then negative last with all doors closed. wait for the bsi to wake up after 5 mins, this saves not to confuse the bsi. sso the battery iregular voltage spikes that were happening

kuda, Feb 18, 2016
  5. Marius21

Marius21

Just called a guy who was checking at first and he said that he already tried that,but he couldnt connect to bsi pp2000 neither,so wtf.the only solution for now what he is saying,that he needs to take car to his garage and check all wires or something like that,because he thinks that ecu,bsi or something like that cant get enough power....nn

Marius21, Feb 18, 2016
  6. Marius21

kuda

Ok.

kuda, Feb 22, 2016
Ask a Question