Does anybody know location of starter motor? And has anyone replaced one? Grateful for any advice.

Discussion in 'Peugeot 207' started by Truly gifted, May 26, 2019.

1. Truly gifted

Truly gifted

Has anyone replaced starter motor on 207 1.4 petrol 2007? Need location and any advice please.Cheers!

Truly gifted, May 26, 2019
  2. Truly gifted

EvilMoustache

Also need help with this!!

Started occasionally playing up so looking to replace.

Found the starter motor at the back of the engine just below the inlet manifolds. This was the petrol 1.4 model

Now the problem I found.. took the battery and air filter out, but also needed to remove the inlet manifold to actually get at the starter motor. Eventually got all the manifold nuts free, and on this model didn't need to get the fuel rail loose separately but.. there wasn't actually enough space at the back to get the inlet manifold out, it kept hitting the bulk head. Anyone offer any advice on actually getting the manifold out? Tried wiggling it for about 2 hours..

Alot of work for a starter motor...

Regards,

EM

EvilMoustache, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Truly gifted

Truly gifted

Hi I too, have been attempting to replace starter motor.Not yet sorted as could see not simple.Lot of dismantling required.If anyone has solution I would be grateful too.

Truly gifted, Oct 7, 2019
Ask a Question