Diesel Fuel not getting to engine. Pug 106 1.5d

Discussion in 'Peugeot 106' started by Adrian G, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Adrian G

Adrian G

I am really confused to what is causing the problems with the car but I'm sure it is minor. I wait until the glow plug light goes out before I try to start it. It starts after about 10 seconds of cranking. I usually get about 300 meters up the road then it konks out. Then I lift bonnet and pump the primer 4 or 5 times until firm. I restart the car then I manage about a mile before it konks out again. After priming a second time the car is usually OK until the next day. I sometimes hear a "gluging" sound from the tank which make me think the tank breather is blocked.

Here is what I have tried so far: 1: I removed the thin breather pipes from the one way valve thing just on the back of the tank and connect a cycle pump to them and there is no blockage there. 2: I removed the pickup sender unit from the tank and the strainer is clear and all seems well and noted that there is half a tank of diesel in. 3 I have changed the fuel filter. So far nothing I have tried works.

Two people have suggested to me that the lift pump inside the injector pump maybe failing. If so how do I check?

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thanks. Regards Adrian.

Adrian G, Sep 8, 2016
Ask a Question