Dash and brake light won’t turn of + loud beep from dash

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Apemobile, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Apemobile

Apemobile

Hello,

I got some issues with my car.

Model:
    Peuget Partner II 1,6 HDI 2008

Issue:
    The car drives fine. No error messages in the dash. The issue occurs when I stop the car. As soon I turn the ignition of, take the key out and open the door - a beeping sound from under the dash starts. ~20 beeps. Also the dash light won’t turn of. The brake lights are constantly on even when driving (both right and left brake light are constantly on, but the one in center over the back doors works as normal?) I can still lock the car as normal. But the brake and dash light won’t turn of at all. All electronics (radio etc are original).

Troubleshooting done:

- Unplug the battery.
    - Checked all fuses (under the hood and under the steering wheel).
    - Checked the switch (located under the steering wheel in direct contact with the brake pedal) controlling the brake light. Checked with an multimeter.
    - All liquid levels are fine, but a bit low on coolant.
    - Check that all doors are properly closed.
    - Checked the system with an OBD2 reader (with the car running and turned of). Nothing.
    - Checked the battery with an multimeter. Shows ~12.3V something.
    - Unplugged the phone charger from the 12V outlet.

So what can make the brake light and dash light stay on even if the car is turned of or not? And what does that beep mean?

Please note the small video I have linked to.

Cheers from Sweden

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Apemobile, Oct 19, 2019
  2. Apemobile

Apemobile

Hello again,

I have done some thinking and this could possibly be related to a faulty ignition switch.

I know from before that the car made that exact same beeping noise/ signal when you turned of the car and forgot to take out the key when open the door.

I will have a look at that and come back with results.

Apemobile, Oct 19, 2019
Ask a Question