Can someone explain these faults please !!!

Discussion in 'Peugeot 407' started by JohnSky, May 15, 2020.

1. JohnSky

JohnSky

received_553794648858057.jpeg
    Can someone please explain what are these faults?
    407SW 2006 20Hdi

Thanks in advance.

JohnSky, May 15, 2020
  2. JohnSky

1993405STI15B93KW

These are all all processor faults.
    Rate sensor for fuel pressure is calculated in processor.As there is No actual fuel pressure sensor

1993405STI15B93KW, Jun 5, 2020
    JohnSky likes this.
  3. JohnSky

Mike Gillon

Hi John,
    All these faults are common if an engine bay has been pressure washed, or at least got quite wet (perhaps by running through deep water, about 2 inches or more, and the under plate is leaking, and incorrect isolation of the electrics have been done.
    The fuel pressure fault can be four fold;
    1. The fuel pressure sensor is built in to the Common rail distribution manifold at the front of the engine, under the engine cover and inlet manifold. The sensor for the fuel pressure regulator is built in to the high pressure fuel pump, which is run from the rear camshaft at the gearbox end of the engine. If water gets in these will return faulty readings.
    2. One of the sensors disconnected or has a broken wire, or of course is wet..
    3. One or both of the sensors are faulty. The one on the common rail is not available and will require the replacement of the common rail. The one on the fuel pump can sometimes be replaced, dependant on system used.
    4. A less common fault is with the fuel filler cap. If the cap is loose you will get a fuel pressure warning and of the valve in the cap is blocked or broken you will get the same error message (some cars have a sensor in the tank or cap)
    Delphi common rail off a DW10/RHR, note the fuel pressure sensor at the top
    View attachment 107
    Delphi high pressure fuel pump off the same engine. Notice the contacts are colour coded. If I remember the green one is the fuel flow sensor and the brown one fuel feed pressure.
    View attachment 106
    Basically; Clean and dry all the electrics with brake cleaner or connection cleaner and make sure they are dry.
    The Turbo pressure fault is most likely one of the vacuum pipes has become disconnected, pressure has shorted from negative to positive, or the turbo pressure actuator valve has failed. If it actually refers to an electrical fault it means a wire is broken, WET or cracked and should be replaced.
    The final 3 errors all indicate that there have been multiple failures at the one time, highly unlikely in normal use.
    The final 2 errors should stop you starting your car.
    If your car starts
    you need to delete all error codes on PP2000 and carry out a manual BSI reset then run a full diagnostic on PP2000 to see what error codes are still present.
    If your car will not start, or the immobiliser has been set, check the battery in your key fob.then carry out a delete and reset as above.

This is not a comprehensive list of possibilities but I have found these to be the most common.
    Let me know if this helps and let me know if it turns out to be something different.

I hope this helps,

Mike

Mike Gillon, Jun 12, 2020
    JohnSky likes this.
  4. JohnSky

JohnSky

Wow been ages waiting for someone with some good info about these faults Mike they are driving me crazy. I really appreciate your time to explain all this. Photos for some reason I cannot open them saying empty folder. Since I had the car I never washed the engine bay but might have been washed by the previous owner. Mind the engine bay wasn't that clean when i bought it. Will pass this info to my mechanic and am sure this is going to give lots of light. Tbh i just bought a battery 3hrs ago I didn't notice the email notification about this. It started not firing up a couple of days ago. Went to Halfords this afternoon and they said battery is 57% and his tech was saying replace battery. But never mind now its bought.

Thanks Mike, will let you know when any updates.

JohnSky, Jun 12, 2020
  5. JohnSky

JohnSky

Hey Mike I ended up buying the PP2000 and Diabox. Still waiting for them. Will let you know more when will receive and diagnose again.

JohnSky, Jun 29, 2020
Ask a Question