Brake Bleeding Problems

Discussion in 'Peugeot 407' started by Brandon Crosbie, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Brandon Crosbie

Brandon Crosbie

Hello,

After replacing the brake fluid in my 407 the pedal travel has increased substantially and the brakes are no longer anywhere near as sharp as before. The pedal will also slowly go to the floor if you keep it pressed. We bleed the brakes the old fashioned way with me pumping the pedal and my dad outside with a jar and some clear tube. Everything seemed to have gone well as we got clear fluid through all the calipers and no air bubbles. We also bled the clutch and there are no problems there.

I read after wards that Peugeot Planet is needed to bleed the system because of the abs and am wondering if this is all that is wrong or if the symptoms above are indicative of something else. There are no fluid leaks and all the hoses etc are in good nick. We also re-bled the system again just in case. Do we just have to use the PP method o bleeding?

Regards

Brandon

Brandon Crosbie, Aug 16, 2015
Ask a Question