Bosch high pressure control valve 406hdi 110 Rapier 2003

Discussion in 'Peugeot 406' started by charliedog, May 2, 2017.

1. charliedog

charliedog

Dear All,

Any help on the following subject would be appreciated. My Peugeot 406hdi (above) suddenly stopped with "Anti Pollution Fault " displayed in the MFD, also the STOP message. I removed the key from the ignition and about 20 seconds later it started okey. It ran ok but on low revs but as soon as I put my foot down to accelerate it stalled again. This happened repeatedly until I got the car home. I had a diagnostics check which was as follows:

P0230 - Fuel low pressure, pump supply short cct - open or short cct to earth.

P1112 - HP Diesel Monitoring lack of pressure

After consulting various forums, all pointers led me to believe that the HP Regulating valve, Common Rail pressure monitor or LP lift pump in the fuel tank were the likely culprits.

I removed the Fuel Filter and examined the fuel housing. No signs of contamination.

Removed the HP Regulating Control Valve and removed 2 small rubber washers and gasket. Cleaned with brake cleaner and replaced the small washers. On purchasing from Peugeot Stealers, was told their are 3 rubber seals/washers - 2 small and one larger? sure I only saw the 2 small ones on removal.

On replacing Control valve found difficulty in locating it on the pump, not sure how much force is required to push the valve home it seemed the 2 small rubber seals/washers were resisting the valve from seating properly.

Sorry this is so long and drawn out:(

Anyone know of a knowledgeable 406 mechanic who lives near to waterlooville , Portsmouth.

Thank you

charliedog, May 2, 2017
Ask a Question