berlingo clutch adjustment needed please.

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by alfiedog, Dec 17, 2015.

1. alfiedog

alfiedog

Hi ,
    I ve just fitted new cable, bearing , plate and pressureplate to my 1.9d berlingo.
    The van drives fine but the release bearing seems to be in constant contact with the pressure plate due to the auto adjuster.
    Can anyone tell me is there some way of obtaining some clearance so that the bearing is not always engaged as this is a very flimsy part and I want to give it as easy a life as I can.
    Im wondering is there some adjustment on the clutch pedal itself ?
    The cable is a Firstline product.

Thanks.

alfiedog, Dec 17, 2015
  2. alfiedog

alfiedog

I ve just been talking to a very friendly guy in Firstline , he said the release bearing has a preload and runs all the time so all is normal.
    Working on Classics mainly , I'm well concerned that such a flimsy bearing can stand up to such conditions, The bearings I see are often of the old carbon thrust or ball or roller bearings ,all steel and very solid,
    How troublesome are these valeo designed release bearings and which is the best type brand to fit?

alfiedog, Dec 17, 2015
Ask a Question