Anti pollution system faulty warning

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Suzyq64, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Suzyq64

Suzyq64

Peugeot 207 1.6 hdi anti pollution warning and engine management light keeps coming on everytime I put fuel in. Had injectors looked at and seemed better for a while but problem has started again. Loss of power when this happens. Any ideas anyone. Mot in two weeks so need light off.

Suzyq64, Mar 6, 2023
  2. Suzyq64

larch1wc

I suspect this MAY be the same as my 406HDi which uses a squirt of cerium oil (added by a small pump from asupplementary additive tank) and does soevery timeyou fill up with fuel (UNLESS the fuel cap off detector has failed). It sounds as if your (cap sensor)is stillworking and the ECU has detected no additive in the tank.Mine ran out at about 70k milesbut I generally ran the fuel tank fromvfull to empty; so for a 207 I'd guess your tankmight last 50k to 100k miles (and at the lower end if you usually topped up with fuel when part full).You should find something in your handbook under warning lights, but low additive is (in my judgement) quite likely. A Peugeot dealer should know all about it. Eventually the filters may need replacement but I believe (givien your "when refuelling" note) lack of additive is a very likely cause.

larch1wc, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Suzyq64

Suzyq64

Thank you for replying but since I wrote the thread I have changed diesel filter and air filter. Engine management still on. Put a code reader on to check codes turboboost sensor came up as fault. My partner cleaned this sensor and put it back on checked pipes for any leaks. Made sure nothing was loose and hey presto engine light off and have since refuelled and touch wood still off. As far as we are aware my 207 hdi doesn't need additive. But I will check. Thank you so much for replying.

Suzyq64, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Suzyq64

larch1wc

Good news that you have it fixed for now. I don't know your engine spec, but it appears that the 1.6HDi has a similar system to my 406HDi and can run out of DPF fluid (="diesel particulate filter"). See"Honest John" reply attached...Froma quick research it looks as if DPF fluid comes in a pouch which your partner might well be able to replace when the time comes.
    From other replies on this Forum it would appear that most people (and several garages) don't have a clue how the Peugeot catalytic converter system works. My car has been serviced by 4 Peugeot dealers over the years and those have proved reasonably competent (but I make sure they know that I KNOW what's what!) so if the problem recurs I'd suggest finding a recommended dealer/agent.

Attached Files:

larch1wc, Mar 18, 2023
Ask a Question