Airbag or Seat belt pretensioner faulty

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by topdeck, Feb 5, 2019.

1. topdeck

topdeck

My Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi 2011 is the gift that keeps on giving. Recently it's been giving the error "Airbag or Seat belt pretensioner faulty" while driving. This is intermittent. So I can go the whole week driving 50 miles a day without a single issue, then sometimes I can be 10 minutes in to a drive and it'll start bleeping about it repeatedly for the rest of the journey. Sometimes the light on the dashboard will stay on for a good while, but most of the time it will stay on for a minute then go off, only to come back on a few seconds later.
    There's no rhyme nor reason to what's causing it. I would suspect if the airbag or seatbelts were faulty the fault would be permanently on. But the fact this comes and goes makes me wonder that it's an electrical gremlin. If this is the case, what can I do or what should I be looking for? I have checked all the wires under front seats and been put on a scanner and that pointed to level 1drivers air bag fault high stop put a new car battery on has the old one had low voltage and sometimes when the the car heaters are blowing hot air into the car the air bag error comes back again

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2019
    topdeck, Feb 5, 2019
Ask a Question