Air conditioning temp display lighting

Discussion in 'Peugeot 807' started by threedogs, Jan 16, 2013.

1. threedogs

threedogs

Hi everybody

Does anybody know how to get into this LCD display window in the centre console to change the lamp as mine is not iluminating and is a pain at night I have followed some instructions on one of the forum posts and have managed to remove the gearstick gaiter and then come to a dead end as i can find nothing to unclip, in fact below the gaiter just feels like solid metal with no room to get acces to anything, i did ask a Peugeot dealer about the job and they said " It is not a strait forward job in any way and would cost 50 to 80 quid to do
    any help would be much apreciated
    Or would it be safer to have Peugeot do it??

threedogs, Jan 16, 2013
  2. threedogs

wynb

Unclip the chrome strip above the AC display panel. Use something like a plastic spatula and prise up the back lip of the plastic mounting plate that the AC panel fits in, above the cigarette lighter. It is a tight fit and you may have to resort to a wide flat screwdriver, once it is
    loose you can tip it up and reach the underside of the panel to loosen the two bulb holders and then replace the 1.2W bulbs. It is quite fiddly but possible. One bulb works when the sidelights are on, the other illuminates the display, check both work before replacing the panel.

wynb, Jan 16, 2013
  3. threedogs

threedogs

Many thanks ,,,,will have a go at that A.S.A.P. i am presuming that the crome strip just pulls off to unclip? as i can not see any clips

threedogs, Jan 21, 2013
  4. threedogs

threedogs

Update....... Many thanks indeed, finally tackled the job today {first decent day without rain}

I would say that the spatulas you mentioned are essential for doing this job, The crome strip above the control pannel can be gently eased out with the spatula as a lever it seems to have a fixing at each end and one in the middle {nothing nasty or likely to break when removing this strip}
    Now the top of the console with all the controls and display is a little more tricky and looks a bit more susceptible to damage, i managed to get it off by opening the glove box door to give me more access for the spatula to get underneath the bottom edge of the panel, its a case of a bit of carefull feeling and levering the thing off then repeat at the other side and kind of feel the middle free (if you know what i mean) it was all alot easier than i expected it to be
    Ok the top is now off and you have very limited access to the underside so what i did then was to unclip the gearstick gaiter and slide it up the gearstick you can now lift the panel higher, now the gearstick gaiter can be passed throug the hole in the pannel and the whole panel slid over the actual gearstick and turned up so you have full easy access to the whole of the underside including the lamps that need to be changed, reassembly is just a reversal of what has been done so far but as the looms have been pulled out for access do ensure they get tucked back down in the void they came out of and not get stuck under the panel

A good job well done thanks for the advice and i hope this detailed discription of the job will help others in the future
    The 1.2w lamps are the ones that come mouted in housings and i used Halfords
    part No 509T

threedogs, Feb 4, 2013
  5. threedogs

robertmadini

Hey,
    Thanks for the work experience you have shared.
    Best,

robertmadini, May 13, 2013
Ask a Question