508 clutch pedal on floor

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Steven, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Steven

Steven

Mostly you do not need a master cylinder.
    This is a design fault.the master cylinder is connected to the clutch pedal via a poor quality plastic grip connection which grips a groove on the clutch pedal.remove the poor plastic grip (slice it off)
    Return the main part to the pedal and hold it in place with a circlip.
    You can purchase 300 multi sized circlips for around 99p.
    This saved me £309.

Steven, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Steven

Reggie

Have you any photographs of the plastic piece that you are speaking about.

Reggie, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Steven

Darren

Hi guys.

I seem to have a similar issue to what your description is above. Master and slave cylinder bone dry, no loss of fluid, pedal is on the floor with no resistance and falls so easily it’s as if something has broken or is missing. Can’t find anything on the floor that’s broken off and I’m at a loss as to what the pedal should be connected to the master cylinder by

Darren, Jun 10, 2023
  4. Steven

Reggie

Its not a problem with the pedal, your clutch has gone, you have to take it to a garage, or fix it yourself, there is no more meat on the clutch plate.

Reggie, Jun 10, 2023
  5. Steven

Darren

Found the brake fluid level had dropped. I filled it again, I bled the clutch slave cylinder and the pedal rose to about 2/3 of its height and worked well enough for about 4 gear changes. Pedal then returned to the floor and no effect on the clutch. I’m thinking either the master cylinder or slave cylinder is goosed. I did notice some fluid on the splash guard under the gear box so I’m going to change the slave cylinder out and see where that takes me.

clutch itself is in good working order with no signs of slipping before any of these other issues. No way it’s the clutch plate.

Darren, Jun 11, 2023
Ask a Question