406 Trip meter and speedo

Discussion in 'Peugeot 406' started by jakeH, Aug 19, 2015.

1. jakeH

jakeH

Hi all, Im new to the forum.

But basically I recently brought a 97 diesel 406 glx and at first the speedo was not working, I was advised that if i replaced the interface box it would fix it, which it did but now it will only work when its very hot and wont work in the mornings or cooler/wet weather. Some friends of mine have told me it may be bad earths and that the speed sensor looks fine. So thats my first problem.

My second problem is, today i reset my trip meter to work out mpg and when I pulled away and went to a mates house it wasn't working. Does anyone think that the two problems may be linked somehow? If anyone could help that would be really appreciated, thank you in advanced.

jakeH, Aug 19, 2015
  2. jakeH

Hassan

Hi I'm using Peugeot 406 96 xu10.
    My car rpm, speedo, oil pressure gauge and fuel level usual all stop together. After sometimes start working again especially when I enter a gallop. But now it's not working anymore. Pls help me out. I have checked the bsi it's OK. What next. Though I noticed That a big resistor in the dash board is usually very hot whenever the ignition is turned on.

Hassan, Aug 13, 2019
Ask a Question