406 HDI BSI/Airbag faults and troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Peugeot 406' started by boxer_flat4, Jan 31, 2018.

1. boxer_flat4

boxer_flat4

Hi all,

Hoping someone here might be able to suggest my next steps in hope of troubleshooting and resolving a persistent air bag fault on my 2004 406 HDI please?

Fault symptoms are as follows:
    AIR BAG and passenger air bag disarming amber warning lights are both permanently illuminated.
    LCD displays - 'Airbag defective' and 'passenger airbag neutralized' warning messages on start up.

PP2000 diag global test reports permanent fault with BSI comms on wire data of the comfort VAN, air bag ECU and rain sensor.
    The global and by function test both fail to communicate with the air bag ecu.

I've replaced the air bag ecu and passenger disarm switch in the centre console with second hand units to no avail. Which then took me to attempting to reset/reboot the BSI. I'm now stuck having followed to the letter one of the many guides on the internet, after reconnecting the battery switching the sidelights on doesn't seem to generate the audible 'bong' prior to inserting the key and switching on the ignition.

Does anyone here know if the later models have a different BSI reset procedure? Or is there a way to tell when the BSI was last successfully reset? Or any other suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks in advance.

boxer_flat4, Jan 31, 2018
Ask a Question