307 gears not engaging

Discussion in 'Peugeot 307' started by phasmid777, Jul 7, 2015.

1. phasmid777

phasmid777

Hello everyone hoping to get some advice on a fault with my 307.

All of sudden with no warning when driving home I could not engage first gear to move off after stopping at lights managed to get it in second very very hard and managed to get the car home but now cannot engage any gear except 5th with the engine on. I can engage all gears with engine off.

The clutch pedal has become harder to depress than normal but still depresses and rises fine.
    There is a slight pulsation through the pedal at about half way depressed.

The car will pull away in first and second if I select the gears before turning the engine on but it will grind if I try this with reverse. There is a squeaking noise coming from the slave cylinder when operating the clutch pedal.

I have checked the master cylinder reservoir for correct level I cant find anything to suggest external leak.
    The car did have a new clutch kit and recon gearbox in July 2012 (if relevant)

I have tried pumping the pedal to try and engage gears but no luck other than 5th

So what do you think is this? slave cylinder, master cylinder, clutch, release bearing, gearbox fault, linkage?

Thanks in advance

phasmid777, Jul 7, 2015
Ask a Question