207S 1.4 2008 Clutch or sensor?

Discussion in 'Peugeot 207' started by Barwen18, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Barwen18

Barwen18

Hi
    I have a Peugeot 207s 1.4 2008
    It’s in exceptional condition both body work and engine.
    Yesterday and today having travelled roughly 8 miles and only on a couple of occasions after stopping at lights etcetera it was difficult in selecting first gear then second gear and on two occasions stalled after taking my foot off the clutch. As said this seldom happens and only after approx 8 or so miles. Once in third up to fifth it is fine and runs well.
    I bought it privately from a senior technician at a VW dealer two years ago. I contacted him today by text as he usually does my brakes and servicing etcetera. Sadly he is unable to help as he’s recently become as dad. He did say though from what I have just described it sounds to him like a sensor problem and did not mention clutch. To me as a no nothing the clutch springs to mind but considering it only happens after quite a few miles when hot does anyone agree it could be sensor rather than clutch. I am worried that if I take to an unknown garage they might just go for clutch.
    Hope you can help me as I can’t trust it and I work for NHS and living in a village I need my car. Thanks Barwen.

Barwen18, Aug 30, 2022
Ask a Question