207cc boot lid silver trim

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by desfletc, Jul 20, 2018.

1. desfletc

desfletc

hi all, have had my 207cc from new in 2007, yes 11 years old this year, its been a great car, after about 3 months I noticed some very tiny blistering on the boot lid silver trim, I notified Peugeot and they sent me there spray shop, they took photos and a couple of weeks later Peugeot told me it was to trivial a matter, I didn't think any more of it, couple of years latter there were huge blisters and paint coming off the trim, I also noticed on many other 207cc vehicles the same problem so its not just my vehicle, just recently I decided to remove the trim and have it resprayed, I have just received it back from a qualified spray shop, and have already noticed a huge blistering, apparently the trim is fibreglass, I was warned at the time that if I had it sprayed there was no guarantee it would not happen again in say 5 years time, I was ok with that but it seems it hasn't lasted a week, just wondered if anyone else has had same problem

regards
    Des Fletcher

desfletc, Jul 20, 2018
  2. desfletc

damienhealey

Hi Des
    Just wondered if you got this sorted. I have same problem.

damienhealey, Jan 1, 2020
  3. desfletc

desfletc

Hi mate, no it got really bad, blistered so much I took it into a body spray plant early last year, got it stripped right back, had it sprayed black same colour as my vehicle, looked great for a week an started blistering again, took it back and they were puzzled as to why, they had it then for over a month and baked it in oven, not sure what the material is, think it's kind of a plastic, fitted it again as the whole thing comes off the vehicle, it really looked great again, but after a couple of weeks in that hot weather we had last year I could see several blisters again but the weird thing is the blisters disappear an reappear, depending on weather, it's cold and wet now and I don't see them, the spray job cost me a 100 quid, the vehicle is 12 years old now, looks great, only done 35k miles from brand new, if I keep the vehicle and it gets bad again I will get it skin wrapped

desfletc, Jan 7, 2020
  4. desfletc

damienhealey

Thanks mate. Might get mine wrapped then. Look like best option.

damienhealey, Jan 8, 2020
  5. desfletc

desfletc

Yeh good one mate, hope all goes well, actually looks much better being the same colour as vehicle, had many people remark about it

desfletc, Jan 8, 2020
Ask a Question