207 heartache

Discussion in 'Peugeot 207' started by Treebor, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Treebor

Treebor

Hi everyone really hope someone can help before I get ripped off.
    I've had my 207 for 2 years it's a 2008 1.4 16v vti Prince engine , a few months ago the engine management light came on with the usual anti pollution fault message on the display, the error code it has thrown up is P11A8.
    Does anyone know what I should look at first please , I've read loads on the net mainly horror stories about dephaser pulleys, stretched cam chains and costing an arm and leg.
    It runs ok from cold but as it warms up it starts to go a bit sluggish , it was showing a miss fire but that's not appeared on the latest check. I didn't get any history with the car so it could be on the original plugs.
    The worst it's been was when I did a run of around an hour , as I got a couple of miles from home it suddenly felt like it was only running on 3 and when I got home the fan stayed on for about 5 minutes.
    Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Treebor, Apr 8, 2020
Ask a Question