207 fuse blowing

Discussion in 'Peugeot 207' started by fredinperran, Apr 9, 2019.

1. fredinperran

fredinperran

Hi my son has a 56 plate 207 1.6 petrol 80000 miles. the battery has been replaced recently. What is happening is the 25 amp starter control fuse keeps blowing so car will not start. on replacing the fuse it behaves fine for a while then it blows again. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Fred

fredinperran, Apr 9, 2019
  2. fredinperran

nolimits

Hello, this is very old article, but I can share my experience for others.

The starter control fuse blows when starter needs to be rebuilded or changed. Unlike other, typically older cars, 207 have starter control unit, with 25amp fuse, and it does now allow to heat wires with short circuit when starter gets stucked due to wear. After the fuse is blown, attemps to start your car will lead to no phisical action at all. You can change the fuse and hit starter to unstuck the starter mechanism to start it. However you can just pull start the car if you have manual gearbox. Sometimes just replacement of fuse helps. You can use your car within this methods, and even have no problems for a while, after changing fuse, but repair or starter is definitely needed.

For others to find this article in search engines:
    Peugeot 207 wont start, no action after turning key.

nolimits, May 25, 2020
Ask a Question