206 HDi engine stalls/dies momentarily on the move

Discussion in 'Peugeot 206' started by redbullah, Sep 26, 2017.

?

What is this problem related to?

1. Electrical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Diesel pump

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. redbullah

redbullah

Long story short, I am posting the video of my problem here:

(It is a 2005 Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi on 214k kms)
    The car has been doing this for over a year now. Sometimes it is all fine for months, sometime the problem gets more severe. Few weeks ago, for the first time, the engine stopped on the move and did not start again for few minutes.
    The only OBD code I read is about the air flow sensor. But I am not sure if that is the problem. Some mechanics say this is electrical-related, some say diesel pressure sensor.
    ALSO, not sure if related to this or not but; I have experienced 2-3 times in the past months that the starter motor was completely out of order (not a single sound when I pressed the starter) and was able to start the engine only by push starting. After, the starter worked normally...
    The prices they talk are really high and I doubt giving it away when the problem is not properly diagnosed. Any ideas on this problem?

redbullah, Sep 26, 2017
  2. redbullah

redbullah

UPDATE: Today I have paid a visit to the local Bosch Diesel service, and to my surprise, their diagnosis device spotted a signal which others could not, and it is P0335 (Crank shaft sensor). It looks as a more probable cause to my problem, what do you say?

redbullah, Sep 26, 2017
    skribat likes this.
  3. redbullah

skribat

It seems a reasonable suspect .. I have the same problem just started, did you sort it out, thanks for your reply sk

skribat, Jan 10, 2018
Ask a Question