206 GTI 180 issues after Timing Belt Service

Discussion in 'Peugeot 206' started by Papaian, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Papaian

Papaian

Hi,
    I have recently had the timing belt and water pump in my Peugeot 206 GTI 180 changed. Sadly not by a Peugeot service centre.

Since I got it back the once great over taking surge it had before is gone, it just slowly gathers speed and there feels like a drag of some sort.

There is a fuel issue that may be related, I filled my tank, the estimated distance and fuel consumption read 612 Kms, I drove 400kms and was almost empty.
    Now, there is supposedly an issue with a crack in a card somewhere on the fuel sender which was glued, there is no apparent leak or smell in the car and this was discovered before the timing belt was done with no performance issues

There are 2 other minor issues that appeared after Servicing,

1/ the doors lock themselves and the lock light on the dash comes on , I tried resetting the lock button, and disconnecting the battery, but hasn't helped

2/ The beep when the care door is open or the lights left on is only working sometimes.

Since I am 4 hours away from a Peugeot Service Centre and don't want to take the car back to where it was serviced until I have a good idea of what is wrong I'm hoping someone here can offer me some advice on these issues before confronting the garage the service was done

Thanks in advance

Ian

Papaian, Nov 5, 2019
Ask a Question