205 Gti Under Bonnet Wiring Questions

Discussion in 'Peugeot 205' started by Bob Tilling, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Bob Tilling

Bob Tilling

Please can any of the forum members help me out?

12 months ago I crashed my 205 gti 1.6 8v whilst racing in the Classic Stock Hatch championship at Donington Park. I hit a concrete barrier with the passenger side front corner and did a lot of damage, luckily I was ok. The front corner of the car was a real mess and at the same time the head gasket went as well! I got the car home and stripped it out to see how bad it was. As it was so bad I lost heart in it and just left it in my garage.

Now recently I have started to get interested again and made good progress in sorting the car out. I have rebuilt the engine, repaired the chassis rail, replaced part of the inner wing and front panel, got it all pulled and jigged correctly along with fitting a replacement outer wing. I have put it all back together but now I have a problem with some of the wiring. As its a year ago since I took it apart I have forgotten how some of the wiring connects or if it needs connecting at all?

Take a look at the pictures attached. See the red, brown and yellow plug connectors, where do they go? The red plug is 3 pin with 3 wires, the brown plug is 3 pin but only has 2 wires whilst the yellow plug as 2 pins with 2 wires. Is the yellow one for the fog light so I can for get about it in my case? The red and brown plugs must go somewhere in the nearside front corner? By the way the black box in the picture is just a terminal unit to my battery isolator in the car so it won't be there on a road car.

In addition to the above there is a yellow wire in the third picture with its end missing, where does this go?

There is also a heavy duty grey plug a shown in the fourth picture, where does that go? It has the end changed so may not be original? It comes up from the fan motor area but now all the front is back on I cannot see exactly where from. Do I need this or not?

Finally there is a 2 pin 2 wire black plug which has a label on it saying "thermostat" but I can't see anywhere to connect it? This is shown in the sixth and seventh pictures.

My car is based on a 1992/J registration car.

I am located in Thatcham, near Newbury, Berkshire so if anyone is relatively close to me and wouldn't mind a drive out in the 205 gti so I can compare the wiring in the two cars side by side that would also be a great help. I would be happy to cover the cost of someones fuel if there was any one who could spare me a hour at my house?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Having done so much I really want to get out and race the car again this season as soon as I can.

Thanks, Bob.

Attached Files:

Bob Tilling, Feb 16, 2018
Ask a Question