106 Derv will not start.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bigbob, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Bigbob

Bigbob

106 1.5 derv. Car ran fine and then I took off the diesel filter to renew it and all hell has broken out.
    I've taken the battery off as well also new oil and filter. But the car will not start with a tow and not with battery.
    What am I to do now?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    Bigbob, Oct 18, 2015
  2. Bigbob

kuda

hi! did you prime the fuel filter yet? try getting fresh diesel and fill up the filter housing, maybe its an air lock. send me the pic of the filter housing dismantled and the engine.

kuda, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Bigbob

Bigbob

Sorted it now thanks I hope.

Bigbob, Nov 1, 2015
  4. Bigbob

kuda

how did you sort it out?

kuda, Nov 1, 2015
  5. Bigbob

Bigbob

hi Kuda
    The 106 ran today. I can not tell you how good it was to hear the knock knock of this little XUD 1.5!
    It turns out that the timing marks on this 15 year old girl are ok on the pump and cam but the crank is a mystery. When I line them up the engine will not turn with my spanner, it locks up. So like a good engineer I got a lovely shade of pink nail polish and marked the position of the crank before I removed the belt. So after trying to put the car back as it should be and making more smoke out of the tail pipe then the great fog of London, a used my little pinky and all is well. Turned the key, warmed the engine and bang its ticking over like clockwork.
    I got this 15 year old girl for my wife to tat about in, but guess what, it's now mine. Sorry it's taken so long to reply, but this 106 has kept me wake at night until now.
    All the best!

Bigbob, Nov 7, 2015
Ask a Question