peugeot partner 1.9 gearbox interchangable with citroen berlingo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wish i knew, Sep 28, 2015.

1. wish i knew

wish i knew

Hi new to this forum . i have a Peugeot partner 1.9 diesel (2004). I have purchased another gearbox for it which i believe is out of a Citroen Berlingo and so far it has fitted even thought the clutch levers are different old unit had the fork lever type the new one has the rod down through type however the new box is in on dowels and bolted secure. Here's where the problem is, the Driverside driveshaft is a two piece one, when placing the driveshaft through the centre carrier and then into the driveshaft entrance in the gearbox the two holes do not line up squarely. The gearbox entry hole is about 10mm Higher than the centre driveshaft carrier therefor does not line up with each other. can any body hed some light on this for me please

wish i knew, Sep 28, 2015
  2. wish i knew

kuda

the problem could be the you need to change your bottom engine mounting and get for the citroen, hoping that the block has the same provisions

kuda, Oct 8, 2015
  3. wish i knew

wish i knew

Thanks for your reply. Did wonder about the mounting but then the other piece of driveshaft going to the hub would be under stress sorted now bought another box the same as the one that came out.thanks for your help

wish i knew, Oct 8, 2015
Ask a Question