407 glove box removal

Discussion in 'Peugeot 407' started by steve c, Feb 11, 2016.

1. steve c

steve c

Any advice on how to remove the glove box in order to access the pollen filter? To access 2 particular screws at the bottom it appears you to need to drop the glove box door? But if so how do I do that? I don't want to force/break something. Thank you.

steve c, Feb 11, 2016
  2. steve c

kuda

hi! the glove box door dose not drop alone. the whole glove box has to come out. there are about 4 screw on the top side of the glove box, the side there are 3 or 2, but there is a screw hidden on a rubber stopper on each sides. then the bottom there should 4 again, be careful to remove the glove box light. it the comes out completely. but i dont think you can access the pollen air filter that way. this you can access what is called the BSI, you neeed to go to the outside by the passenger side wiper cover, that is where normally the pollen filter is.

kuda, Feb 14, 2016
  3. steve c

steve c

Thanks kuda
    Yes I found the 2 hidden screws in the rubber stops and in my case the pollen filter was there. I see peugeot put these filters in an array of different places! Very confusing for a routine service item There's no manual for my 1.8 petrol. The filter was filthy (100k miles) probable caused the reduced air flow I'd experienced before the heater went cold. Looking down the vent I see the bottom heater flap is broken, so big job this week if it keeps fine.

steve c, Feb 15, 2016
  4. steve c

kuda

hi! cool, thats nice to hear. any problem just contact me.

kuda, Feb 17, 2016
  5. steve c

GLP

It should be possible to change the cabin filter without removing the glovebox - My 2007 407 SW has two very small screws securing the top and bottom of the cabin filter cover. I cannot make out what type of fastener they are - Female Torks, Philips etc? Does anyone know, as the filter can't be replaced unless these are removed?

GLP, Jul 5, 2017
Ask a Question