206 sw ARB bushes

Discussion in 'Peugeot 206' started by JeffDee, Jun 23, 2016.

1. JeffDee

JeffDee

Hi

If one of you very nice people have time read my query, I would be very grateful, it's come to 'phone a friend' time here.

Just redoing wishbones droplinks and ARB bushes, all ok up to trying to fit new bushes, they look far too small, and when I tightened em up they dont look too clever if you know what I mean,

They look pretty squished, and the gap at the back isn't really closed.

Now I know this sounds daft, I mean, I figured out the top nuts on the brackets were a 18mm flatty, and everything else has gone ok. But this is the first time I've done peugeot bushes. ( odd shaped buggers )

So I tried my best to match the flat sides, but when fitted to the ARB, they dont close over at all, not even close.

And when I tightened the bracket up, it seemed to draw the bush round from where I had it, and it looks pretty damn squished and all.

bushes came from usually reliable local motorfactors, they are marked 'citroen/peugeot. but the aperture in them seems small compared to the ARB.

Can someone put me out of my misery - this should've been a quick job, MOT is tomorrow eve, and I aint even greased me pipes.

Any ideas?

replies gratefully recieved - off to do an airport run in a friends vehicle, then back in the workshop tonight :/

Cheers and hope you are all well

Jeff

JeffDee, Jun 23, 2016
  2. JeffDee

JeffDee

Back from garage, managed to take these shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers. If anyone can give me an opinion on this I'd be v grateful.

vbest

Jeff

JeffDee, Jun 23, 2016
Ask a Question